Mexican for dinner? or Asian? These wraps both healthy and delicious will satisfy any craving. I came up with this recipe as I was having a hard time getting out of a funk of always eating and preparing the dame things for dinner. I felt like I was on a weekly schedule of meals, and wasn’t sure how to get out of it. I was inspired by what I had on hand at home, and came up
Ingredients for marinade:
- Soy sauce
- liquid honey
- hoisin sauce
- oyster sauce
- garlic powder
- ground ginger
The meat should be marinated for 24hrs for full flavour. This also helps to tenderize the meat. Reserve some of the marinade that has not been in contact with he meat for a sauce.
You will also need:
- Boston lettuce
- bell peppers
- cooking onions
- ginger (thumb size piece)
- sesame oil
- noodle soup base
- Jasmine Rice (optional or you can switch it out for another grain)
- Sauté the julienne peppers and onion in sesame oil and noodle soup base for salt
2. Cook the rice according to the package instructions. I also add crushed fresh garlic and ginger to boost the flavours of the marinade
3. Preheat BBQ to 400ºF. Preheat your oven to 400ºF. Once it is up to temperature, place the meat on the bbq to create a crust, and adds a nice smokey flavour to the meat.
4. Once the meat has some char marks, remove from the barbeque and place on a sheet tray and into the oven to continue to cook to medium or until desired doneness.
5. In a sauce pot add the remaining marinade and cook down until all flavours are combined and sauce has thickened.
6. Remove from oven and let the meat rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
7. While the meat rests, prepare your lettuce cups. Make sure they are thoroughly dried as you don’t want to water down any flavours.
8. Time to assemble. Take a lettuce cup and add a tablespoon of the rice. Top with sautéed vegetables, meat, and a the thickened sauce.
You can create any combination you would like. Add or remove as you wish.
You can try these wraps with any flavours you like. Be creative and let your creativity shine.